Saw this on the lovely Janey's blog and had to do it myself.
The MilSpouse Quiz
2. How old were you when you two met? 17.
3. How long have you been together? Together for 3. Married for a year and three quarters. Our second anniversary is in March!
4. Where are you and your spouse originally from? I'm a born and raised Kansan. Rob was born in Missouri but spent his "growing up years" in Texas before landing in Kansas.
5. How did you feel about him joining the military? Shocked. He was enrolled in college, going to become a lawyer one day and the next he was leaving in less than two weeks for basic..
6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training? Fort Benning, Georgia.
7. Has your spouse ever been deployed? Right now. =/
8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony? I pinned him from Specialist to Sergeant. (And I don't know if that's the correct use of the word pin..)
9. How long have you been a military wife? One year and three quarters.
10. Did you marry him before or after he joined? After.
11. How did your husband propose? Awe, I love this story.. he picked me up from the airport when I came to visit him in Maryland (I was still finishing my degree in KS) in his ACU's as he was in the middle of a shift. He waited till we got into the parking garage (thankfully.) and got down on one knee in a giant puddle and pulled a set of dog tags out from under his ACU top. They said "Will you marry me Amanda Dawn?" and the ring was on the chain!
12. Where did you get married? At the courthouse in Annapolis, MD.
13. How old were you two when you got married? Twenty.
14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day? Nope. We got married in jeans and dressy shirts. It was a just us kind of day.
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed? Kuwait. We aren't attached to anyone here in the states..
16. Do you live on base? Nope. I live in an apartment in Kansas.. and the closest base is a good 45 minutes away.
17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation? Like 4 days. I had to fly back home to finish my Associates before I could move back out with him.. which was like 2 and a half months..
18. What is your favorite base so far? Only know Fort Meade, MD. And it was decent, had it's advantages. Disadvantages too though.
19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform? Hell yeah.
20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life? It is a totally different world. I don't feel it's "advanced" by any means. Just different then the average civilian one.
21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent? The health care is a major perk. It's kind of a hassle when you don't live near a base, but the whole not having to worry about co-pays and deductibles, is amazing. Plus you get to see parts of the nation/world that the average American doesn't get the chance to experience.
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? A few. I know some from Fort Meade. Some from a Facebook support group and a few from this here blog.
23. What is the hardest part of the military life? Separation. From family, your husband, your friends. That and not having a say in your own life.
24. Do you own military wife stuff? A few keychains, a few t-shirts and some other random things.. nothing that I flaunt everyday.
25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military? With out a doubt 100%. I support my husband in every single one of his endeavors. No matter if it is military goals, education goals or personal goals, I support him every step of the way.
P.S. Halfway done!