Between roadtripping down in the backseat with Piston, breaking a 25 year old Corelle plate (supposed to be unbreakable, and up until this point they have proven to be just that. I got high fives for managing to
break it, rather shatter it into a billion small pieces), walking to the water, having a lunchtime BBQ with part of Rob's family, showing the lake to my longtime friend Derek, giant "water-bowl" drinks and puppy dog ice cream.. the weekend was exactly as the first weekend of spring break SHOULD be.
& here are other things on my minddddddd-
- it's hot. I'm not a fan. Me and 90 degrees don't mix. Maybe it's the hair color that makes me hate it? Supposed to be 50 this weekend and you know what.. I'm okay with that.
- got word today one of my nearest and dearest friends is headed to Kansas next weekend and I am so excited. You have no. idea.
- my husband is amazing.. period end of story. One of my friends is going through a rough time lately, Rob knows this and he left a post on said friends wall that made me so proud to call him my husband. He always knows when to show how big his heart is.. and I love him to the moon and back for that.
- been devising a plan for a vow renewal at the lakehouse for our 5 year wedding anniv. Free venue.. lake to play on all weekend.. enough land space.. could DIY the whole thing practically.. but would still get the white wedding I'd want. (Did you just start singing that "white weddddding" song by Billy Idol?)
- now I am singing the White Wedding song by Billy Idol. Picture that folks.
- I love this idea:
"Make a husband pact with your friends.The husband pact says this: I promise to listen to you complain about your husband even in the most dire terms, without it affecting my good opinion of him. I will agree with your harshest criticism, accept your gloomiest predictions. I will nod and furrow my brow and sigh when you describe him as a hideous ogre. Then when your fight is over and love shines again like a beautiful sunbeam in your life, I promise to forget everything you said and regard him as the most charming of princes once more. The husband pact is very useful because you want to be able to vent to your friend without having her actually start hating your husband. Because you don’t really mean all those things you say. And she, the swearer of the pact, knows this."
- I redid my button again.. there was just something that didn't spark my creativity about the old header and button.. so I fixed it. :) Here is the new code if you would be so kind as to add it to your page:
- do I have your button on my page?? If I don't please let me know!!
- I kind of want to start a weekly or monthly link up.. but I'm not crafty, or a foody, or a fashionista.. so I'm stuck on what to do. What would you guys like to see more of?
- Finally---I am SO ready for this weekend...
and that is how I know I am getting old. When I am so ready for the weekend almost as soon as the last weekend ends. :)
What is up with all you pretty people??