Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
We were lucky and we got our first pick.
So why was Fort Campbell our number one pick?
- Going to a BCT/tactical unit is best for Rob's career at this stage in the game. Like I said here, so far all that I know is strategic units, so this will certainly be an adventure. To say the least.
- We are under eight hours from my parents and under seven hours to Rob's parents. That's a win, win in my book.
- The houses we will be able to rent off post are exactly what we need right now, if not more. 4 bedrooms and some place to put a man cave other than the living room? Check and check.
- Rob is particularly excited for the insane hunting and fishing. Me? I'm excited he is excited... but having a kiddo I don't get to enjoy that excitement on a personal basis. #MomProblems
- It is not Korea, Fort Wainwright in Alaska or Fort Irwin in California.
So we still have a few months here before we leave. But now that we know WHERE we are going we can do things like book the hotel for the PCS, make plans for what to sell and what to keep and daydream about houses that may or may not still be available when we PCS.
Until then, I am going to soak in all the time possible with those that mean the most to me here at Fort Gordon... because I will after all be sad to leave this place. I guess there years will do that to you.