Waiting Period.

So as many of you probably know that when you are dealing with the military you usually don't quite have a set in stone schedule for.. well.. anything.  Rob kept telling me what day he thought he would be here (which varied by up to two days..) so up until the Friday night before he got here I was planning for late Monday early Tuesday.. fast forward to Monday morning.  Of course I get a text about 30 minutes before he boards the plane from GA which is 6 hours earlier than expected which leaves me roughly an hour, to shower, get ready and try and finish the last minute dishes (BLAH STUPID DISHES.. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED..)  Then I left myself an hour to get up to the airport.. which is actually only like 45 minutes away.  But I didn't want to be late.. and was told many times not to be late.  After the mad rush I get to the airport with like 30 minutes (5 billion hours it seemed) to spare.  (I think SOMEONE told me that the plane would be getting there early to make sure that I was on time.  All I have to say is.. punk.)

I'm a professional at this whole waiting at the airport business for your loved one though so I sat down and checked my twitter and relaxed, well kind of (hubby and I dated long distance for over a year..).  Out of the corner of my eye I could see this lady who kept checking the monitor and pacing back and forth from the gate.  I knew almost instantly that she was another mil wife.  Sure enough, I asked her and she was.  Isn't it funny how you recognize the "military-spouse-about-to-be-reunited" symptoms?  And I must point out.. I was way calmer than she was.

Finally the plane lands and everyone files out.  Rob HAD to have been at the very back of the plane cause it took forever.  Then all at once he was there.  There was no fairy tale run, jump, spin in circles, kiss and say I love you.  We just aren't like that.  It was one long hug, a simple kiss and a lets get the heck out of here.  Just what I expected.

Reunited and it feels so good.
After Jose Peppers with my parents.

Then it was the long drive back to the apartment.  I knew there was a beautiful puppy dog waiting anxiously for his momma to get back.. cause I kept promising him I had the mother of all surprises for him.  Sure enough it was like this wonderful reunion.  I can't get over how hard Piston's butt was wiggling, how emotional the room was without even being emotional and how Piston quickly reattached himself to Rob's backside like he hadn't spent the last 7 months separated from us.

Excuse the wonderful iPhone quality.
As you can see P wiggled, a lot.

It was perfect.

Share this:

, , , , ,



  1. Happy days! I'm so glad you're back together again :)

  2. Aw that's so sweet how excited Piston was! And too funny that you could spot another milspouse at the airport! Good for you for staying calm- I would have definitely been on the crazy end. lol ;)

  3. I think it's the airlines cruel joke to put soldiers coming home from R&R in the back. I swore it took M forever to get off the plane when he came home. :) How cute is Piston!

    P.S. I tagged you in the Sunshine Award!!!

  4. I love the pics of Piston and how excited he was. Adorable!! Glad you had a great time with your man :)

  5. Loved reading this. That is so cute Piston was so excited, love the pictures.

  6. awh what a wonderful reunion! yay! the part where you talked about 'lets get the heck out of here' made me laugh--you're so real! :) and Piston is so cute.