Things about right now.

So, we made it.  I'm really not even sure how.  I had all of these intentions to fill the silence with a post or two, and wouldn't you know... I never got to it.  That's because my husband left and everything went south rrrrrrrrrealll quick.

The last two weeks have been chaotic at best.

Both kids got sick right along with me.  Which made for clingy, snotty, congested messes.  Which also included HORRIBLE, horrible sleep.  Literally I'd get one kid settled and the next would wake up.  I was cranky.  I was tired.  I barely survived.  Had my children not been sick, this would have been easy peazy.

The Saturday before we left town I went ahead and took the girls into Urgent Care (because Tricare now allows TWO visits a year y'all!).  My 2 and a half year streak of parenting without ear infections was broken by my youngest.  A few days of antibiotics and she got mostly back to her self.

While dealing with the aforementioned nonsense... I was also running around town doing all the last minute things required prior to a move.  Dropping off at Goodwill, requesting medical records, going here, there and everywhere... and also trying to squeeze in a few last minute things off of my Clarksville to do list.  Nothing like waiting until the last week to try and make it to those last few places after living somewhere for a year.

I am sorely disappointed I didn't listen to the advice given to me when we moved there.  I waited far too long to go get donuts from the Amish bakery in Kentucky.  They were to die for.  Love at first taste.  I shall never find another love like that.  That's what I get for waiting y'all.

Last Monday the movers showed up to pack all of our crap up.  It took them all of 4 hours.  Then on Tuesday they came and loaded it up, for another 4 hours.  Flashback to when I moved out of that one bedroom apartment in Kansas after Rob's deployment to Kuwait.  It took the movers an entire day to pack and load that place.  It took these guys a combined 8 hours to pack and load a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom HOUSE.  I knew those creeps were milking the dang clock.  Thank heavens I had friends who stuck with me that day because lawd, I was scared.

ANYWAY.  Wednesday was Brooke's VERY delayed 6 month check up and shots.  She's healthy and beautiful, hates shots... more on that when I get to her 7 month post.. someday.  Luckily we found out the fluid causing her ear infection was gone.  Three cheers!  Just in time...

We had a walk through around lunch with our rental company. I was supposed to have the house empty and cleaned... but this one woman show couldn't make it happen.  He advised me on a few areas to address before we left.  In the meantime Diesel chewed through his harness, adding another dang errand to my list.  I'm telling y'all, he hates me.

So after another stop at Petsmart to get another $30 harness, lunch and TONS OF SWEAT.  I somehow jigsaw puzzled the truck bed so I wouldn't lose anything and loaded the kids and dog up.  Only to find out I had locked my dang truck key in the house that I no longer had a key to.  After another hour of waiting... the rental company was able to bail me out and I finally pulled out of Clarksville at 5 in the evening.  Only 5 hours late.

We rolled into town at 2 am Thursday morning, sans a fan cleaning brush that apparently blew out of my truck somewhere between Clarksville and St. Louis.  Thursday, Friday and Saturday we spent at my parents house running around KC doing KC things.  Seeing friends.  Going to a big Target.  Eating bbq and Jose Peppers.  The norm.

Finally on Sunday we got the keys to our new place!  So after one last night on the air mattress, our stuff got here yesterday.  Praise the Lord.

Our current situation is an unpacked kitchen, a brand new couch set in the living room and a sea of boxes just about everywhere else.  Slow and steady you all.  It's hard as heck to put a house together with a dog that loves to chew on cardboard (and his harness!!! Number two bit the dust at my parents when it was accidentally left on him while we were gone...), a teething baby and a VERY curious toddler.  So say a prayer or send beer.  Come hell or high water this house will be unpacked by Thanksgiving.  Bet on it!

If you've made it this far... congratulations, you also survived the last two weeks of my life.

Follow on Bloglovin

Share this:




  1. I'm happy for you. You've got an incredible journey ahead! If it's any consolation, I've moved myself and business multiple times. There was always stress, blood and tears...including a bad breakup move. You've got this!! I can't wait for your new life updates. Thank you to your husband for his service to our country and I hope his physical health improves. Military Husband had knee surgery twice. I know how uncomfortable that is!! Xxoo

  2. You are definitely a rockstar! I am so glad that you guys made it and are getting settled!

  3. Oh my goodness, you deserve a major nap! Glad that's all behind you though and you're getting settled!

  4. Oh boy! you made it though and that's the important part! way to go mama!