Hosted by Wife of a Sailor.
- Freedom is not free. So many individuals have sacrificed over the years for me to be able to sit here and write this blog.. to feel safe in my apartment.. to have pride in this country. It's taken for granted far too much these days.
- Veterans are amazing individuals who at one point or another sacrificed their time for this country and put their life on the line for this country at one point in time. Whether it be the little old man proudly sporting the Veteran hat or the 18 year old fresh out of basic. To me they are all Veterans.
- This country is lost in its own glory sometimes. Many Americans forget the ideals that this country was founded on years ago. But it is a great nation, where women have rights, opportunity is around every color and a few days a year we celebrate that beauty.
- Veteran’s Day means honoring all those that have served, are serving or will serve this great country.
- A hero is an everyday person that does un-ordinary things. Whether it be a service-member, a fireman, a police officer or the average joe that puts his life on the line each and every day.
Happy Veteran's Day everyone!
I know today I am missing my husband extra hard, but I swell with pride knowing that he is out there doing his job, keeping this country safe.. and that just this one day a year he is thanked and honored for doing that. Thank someone today.. whether it be a past or present service-member, they deserve to know the gratitude this country has for them. I thank each and every one of you who has put your life on the line for this country. And you wives who stand by them.. you deserve a huge thanks too.
Keep strong and carry on.