To celebrate... 24 things I've learned in the last year:
1. It doesn't matter how many people you know in a relatively new state, complete strangers can make a birthday one to remember.
2. Laughter heals.
3. Just because you own a boat, does not mean you will use it during the summer like you should.
4. Sometimes one test is not enough. Sometimes four tests are needed. Of which three different brands are used, just to be sure. And even then... a blood test is sometimes needed to erase the disbelief.
5. Being pregnant is not an awesome glowing experience. It actually kind of sucks.
6. Dealing with the suck of pregnancy is so very worth it when the nine months finally ends.
7. Sometimes you have to make decisions for your family that quite literally tear you apart. But when you make those decisions with someone you love and trust, it is a little easier.
8. Time heals all pain, but doesn't erase all the memories.
9. It is super easy to plan a nursery design. It is not as easy to make that design become reality.
10. I thought I slept a lot being a stay-at-home-wife. Then I got pregnant. I didn't know I could sleep so much and STILL feel tired.
11. Bananas make me want to hurl. Still. The thought, the smell, seeing them.
12. Nothing compares to baby and puppy cuddles. Nothing.
13. Baby stuff is expensive. I heard it for years, but never believed it until I walked through Buy Buy Baby.
14. It doesn't matter where you live, the weather can ALWAYS surprise you.
15. New cars are so worth it. They make you feel grown up. (Especially when you sign 50 million documents before getting the keys!!)
16. I've always under estimated my body and its abilities. After 25 hours of labor and giving birth to an 8 pound, 4 ounce baby... I will never under estimate it again.
17. My husband likes chocolate. Prior to this last year, he hated it.
18. Surprises are so worth it, no matter how small or how big.
19. Family is the greatest gift God can give you. I've been blessed with not only my family, but Rob's family and now my own family. It is so easy to take them for granted, but I'm learning just how blessed and grateful I am for them.
20. A person can never vacuum enough. Especially when there is a dog involved.
21. Writing thank yous is such a simple gesture that goes a long ways.
22. Being a mother is hard. But rewarding.
23. Being a wife is hard. But rewarding.
24. The greatest thing I learned this last year? That I was pregnant. Hands down meeting my baby girl topped everything else from the last year.
On to 24...
|February 24, 2013 - 23rd birthday celebration.|
|February 14, 2014 - 8 days shy of 24.|